General Motor’s Korea Design Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
ST. LOUIS, Miss – South Korea’s first and General Motor’s seventh worldwide automotive facility has received Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or LEED, certification. GM remains determined and committed to providing healthier, cleaner indoor environments for employees as well as improving sustainability within our ecosystem. The $40 million facility is home to exterior and interior vehicle styling, digital design and studio engineering operations that support General Motor’s global vehicle programs. Several elements of environmental design lead to General Motor’s Korea Design Center Receiving a LEED Gold Certification. These design elements included:
- Using energy-efficient technology and LED lighting throughout the entire facility, reducing energy costs by 26 percent
- Reusing rainwater for landscaping and toilets, cutting the facility’s overall water consumption in half
- Installing a CFC-free cooling system
- Utilizing recycled and regional materials for construction as well as monitoring construction waste disposal
- Using collection and storage facilities for recyclables
- Installing a ventilation system, which uses low volatile organic compound, paints and adhesives, and removing indoor air contaminants with highly-efficient filtration systems.
GM has found that green buildings containing increased ventilation and better lighting actually support the overall health and productivity of employees. As General Motors works to construct new facilities or update existing ones, the company uses LEED design and engineering guidelines for resource efficiency, conservation and sustainable materials. Currently, the GM Korea Design Center is amongst the following facilities in receiving LEED certification: GM China Advanced Technical Center (Silver), GM China Headquarters (Gold), GM Enterprise Data Center in the United States (Gold), Joinville Engine Plant in Brazil (Gold), Lansing Delta Township Plant in the United States (Gold) and Milford Proving Ground Administration Building in the United States (Gold).
You too can contribute to improving our environment by driving a fuel-efficient vehicle from Don Brown Chevrolet! We will get you the Don Brown Deal you deserve on an efficient and high-performance vehicle. Stop by the dealership for a test-drive today! Don Brown Chevrolet is located at 2244 S. Kingshighway in St. Louis, MO, at the entrance of “The Hill”. At Don Brown, we are committed to providing our customers with the full dealership experience. For more information visit our website www.donbrownchevrolet.com or contact us at (314) 282-7887.
Follow us on: Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, Youtube