We at Don Brown Chevy wish all of our customers safe and merry travels, however, if you find you are one of the millions of cars in a collision this year, here are some steps to follow after an accident according to the Progressive Insurance website:
- Stay calm. We know, easier said than done, right? However, remaining composed will help you better assess and handle the situation.
- Check for injuries. Make sure that you and any other passengers are not hurt.
- Call 911 to report the accident and any injuries that may have been sustained. Before the police arrive, practice your side of the story to ensure all facts are given. Once the police arrive, you are also perfectly within your legal rights to record the conversation.
- If another driver was involved, exchange insurance information, however, do not admit fault. Only discuss the details of the accident with the police and your insurance company.
- Contact your insurance company so that they can settle your claim.
We hope none of our readers ever find themselves in this situation, however, as a precaution, we encourage you to print this list to keep in your car. Mainly we wish all of you safe and happy travels from your friends at Don Brown Chevy!