ST. LOUIS, Miss. – Our good friend Old Man Winter will be making his appearance before we know it! Although we are already starting to see some of the cold weather and snow, there are still things we should be aware of before we completely nose dive into the winter season. Our friends over at OnStar are here to help you get your vehicle “winter” ready! While there is still time left, be sure to take advantage of these helpful tips to ensure a safe winter on those slippery roads!
- New windshield wiper blades and a refill on windshield fluid are a MUST! During the winter season there is always something getting in the way of your view – ice, snow – you name it! Some of the responsibility falls on you to ensure that your vehicle is working at its best.
- It is wise to invest in rubber floor mats to lay throughout the entire vehicle – this will prevent the water from soaking into the carpet resulting in those yucky white stains.
- As simple as it sounds, MAKE SURE to check your lights! Inspect to see if all parts are working correctly because the winter days are awfully short, so the majority of your driving will most likely be in the dark!
- Is your gas tank full, or at least half full? As irritating as it may be this is something to always stay on top of! When you’re low on fuel it’s not uncommon for the gas to freeze….and no one wants to get stranded out on the road in the freezing cold!
- In the case of your fuel freezing or any other type of unfortunate event, it is a good idea to have a “Winter Survival Kit” on hand in your vehicle. The kit should consist of maps, blankets, snacks, a shovel, windshield scraper, booster cables – the works! No one can ever predict when a problem might occur!
- Most importantly, don’t forget to take advantage of the extremely beneficial OnStar services – roadside assistance, remote start, the remotelink mobile app, vehicle diagnostics and our personal favorite, your handy OnStar advisor! With OnStar, you are never traveling alone!