ST. LOUIS, Miss – The Gateway City seems to never sleep! There are endless events happening in St. Louis over the next few weeks and we don’t want you to miss out. Between the city’s birthday, Valentine’s Day, and the anticipation of Mardi Gras, you won’t have a moment to spare. It would be impossible to list ALL of the amazing happenings in town, so be sure to check out the links at the bottom of the blog for more info!
Let’s not waste any more time and give you the low down with the Community Round Up: What’s Happening in St. Louis?
1. St. Louis Turns 250
There are so many wonderful ways to celebrate this huge milestone.
- The Biggest Birthday Bash on Friday, February 14-17th – This free, family-friendly event at the Missouri History Museum offers tons of activities throughout the entire weekend. From cupcake decorating and sing-a-longs to face painting and balloon artists. The Museum’s website offers the complete schedule.
- The City at 250 Photo Contest on Sunday, February 23rd – The Sheldon Art Galleries and the St. Louis Beacon are bringing you this exciting photo contest to test your creativity and see how you view the city. The contest is open to all ages and in each adult category, the grand prize winner is eligible to win $1000!
- A History of QUEER: Selections from the St. Louis LGBT History Project now to March 1st – To celebrate the Project is partnering with PHD Gallery to host a beautiful exhibit! Enjoy an exhibition honoring some of the lost queer history of the St. Louis area.
- Nova Nights: Diamonds in the Sky – Enjoy romance under the stars accompanied by live music that is out of this world! Admission includes live music, one drink ticket, fondue and dessert station, and one ticket to Laserium.
- Untamed Hearts: An Intimate Valentine’s Day Dinner – Indulge in a romantic three-course meal in the Lakeside Cafe at the Saint Louis Zoo. Stay later for music and dancing if you choose!’
- St. Louis Symphony Live at Powell Hall Concert – Snuggle up with your someone special for the screening of a classic love story, Casablanca. As the film plays, the entire score will be performed live by the St. Louis Symphony.
- Lumiere Place Cajun Cook-Off & Tony Chachere’s Crawfish Boil on February 15th – Enjoy an open bar and a scrumptious, authentic Crawfish Boil and Tony Chachere’s Jambalaya while listening to awesome Super Jam tunes. Also, you’ll want to witness ten amateur and ten professional chefs compete to be named the Lumiere Cajun Cook-Off Champ of 2014!
- Missouri Lottery Run For Your Beads 5k on February 22nd – Get on your Mardi Gras best and join in on a 5k full of fun!
- Beggin’ Pet Parade on February 23rd- This record-setting parade of animals dressed up in costumes benefits Open Door Animal Sanctuary! The parade starts at 1:00pm and trust me you won’t want to miss a minute!